Congratulations to the 2013 Lumies Recipients!
Congratulations to the recipients of the Tucson Pima Arts Council’s 2013 Lumies Arts and Business Awards! The annual event, which celebrates the many individuals and organizations that grow, shape and support arts and culture in Tucson and Pima County, took place on June 7 at the El Casino Ballroom in Tucson, Arizona.
2013 Lumies Arts and Business Awards Recipients:
• Artist Lifetime Achievement Award: Barclay Goldsmith, Borderlands Theater
• Established Artist Award: David Fitzsimmons, cartoonist and essayist
• Established Arts Organization Award: Pan Left Productions
• Arts Educator Award: Dennis Bourret, Tucson Junior Strings
• Arts Education Program Award: Live Theatre Workshop
• David Hoyt Johnson Arts Administrator Award: Jessica Andrews, former Arizona Theatre Co. Executive Director
• Arts Patron Award: Helen and John Schaefer
• Emerging Artist Award: LuisCarlos Davis, filmmaker
• Emerging Arts Organization Award: Dancing in the Streets AZ
• Large Business Partner Award: Bookmans
• Small Business Partner Award: Downtown Kitchen/Janos Wilder
Learn more about the Lumies recipients in this press release from the Tucson Pima Arts Council.