Early Registration Discount Available for the 2012 Joint Arts Education Conference!
Joint Arts Education Conference
October 15, 2012
The Arizona Commission on the Arts and the Arizona Department of Education have teamed up to offer the second Joint Arts Education Conference on October 15, 2012. Hosted by the Mesa Arts Center, the event provides professional development and networking opportunities for teaching artists, educators, arts administrators, and arts education advocates.
For a full conference agenda and to register, visit www.azarts.gov/jaec. Register by September 16 to take advantage of the discount registration!
Professional Development + Networking at the Joint Arts Education Conference
Take advantage of this opportunity to come together with colleagues from across the state for a full day of professional development!
- Be inspired by national and local experts to lead the way in a rapidly changing sector. Featured speakers include Dr. Peter Boonshaft, Professor of Music at Hofstra University, and David Dik, National Executive Director of Young Audiences.
- Learn how our community can use new standards and policies to position arts education as a leader in school reform.
- Envision what the future can look like for our students, including integration programs that connect the arts to Arizona’s Common Core Standards.
- Discuss changes affecting the way we build value for our work and how we can leverage those changes into avenues of opportunity.
- Engage with your statewide colleagues to glean and share innovative ways to turn ideas into action.
JOINT ARTS EDUCATION CONFERENCE REGISTRATION
Early Registration: $95
Extended! Ends September 16, 2012
Regular Registration: $120
Available September 17 – October 11, 2012
Student rates are also available. Visit the conference website for more information.
To aid in your planning for the conference, and to assist in your efforts to request professional development funds, the Arts Commission and the Department of Education have provided a letter for attendees to use in requests to administration or supervisors.
The Joint Arts Education Conference is presented by the Arizona Department of Education and the Arizona Commission on the Arts, and hosted by Mesa Arts Center.